R1CEntertainment Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» HIIII :D annyeong~ ni hao! nei ho ma?
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyJuly 28th 2011, 4:44 pm by amoretii

» 2nd Song: Angel - Teen Top
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 4:07 am by maisella

» SNSD - OH {ORIGINAL VERSION}
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyJune 15th 2011, 11:45 am by maisella

» Present for Hamirilive's friend
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 30th 2011, 4:31 pm by 22itsyu13

» RAPPERS UNITE??
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 26th 2011, 4:01 am by hamirilive

» Supa Luv by Teen Top [White Fire's 2nd Song!]
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 23rd 2011, 3:35 am by hamirilive

» Gangsta Boy--f(x) {DAISY MEADOWS' 2ND SONG!}
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 19th 2011, 3:55 pm by 22itsyu13

» Rainy Days by One Way [Khaos's 2nd Song]
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 14th 2011, 7:19 pm by 22itsyu13

» Bad Guy by JOO [Summer Rain's 2nd Song]
How did you get into KPOP?  EmptyMay 12th 2011, 4:09 pm by 22itsyu13

Poll

How did you get into KPOP?

+7
Momoji
Shini
E.Levin
xleetommyjaix
22itsyu13
raachelala
mcuraming
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did you get into KPOP?  Empty How did you get into KPOP?

Post  mcuraming January 2nd 2011, 2:28 pm

Heyy! Mark here!
I just wanted to know how you guys got into kpop!

For me it was early 2009 I think. My cousin showed me the Lollipop MV and I immediately fell for kpop. X.X I listened to Lollipop nonstop after that. XD I really loved Big Bang and 2NE1 in the video and that's how I became YG biased! <3

That led me to like other groups too, like 2PM,f(x), SHINee, Wonder Girls, and many many many more.

SO, how did you get into KPOP? Leave your stories below!! ^^
mcuraming
mcuraming

https://www.youtube.com/blankcovers

Back to top Go down

How did you get into KPOP?  Empty Re: How did you get into KPOP?

Post  raachelala January 2nd 2011, 2:31 pm

i'm pretty YG biased too!

i watched this video here, and the rest was history <3

still one of my favorite kpop songs to date ^^
raachelala
raachelala

https://www.youtube.com/user/raachelala

Back to top Go down

How did you get into KPOP?  Empty Ohh.

Post  22itsyu13 January 2nd 2011, 2:32 pm

Okay, that's probably why everyone has a certain bias lol ^^
Summer of 2009? My friend recommended Super Junior to me in China (she lives in the US with me, but yeah) so I bought their album. I was into CPop back then (JAY CHOU! JJ LIN!), but I really liked Reset ^^ so I started asking my friend more and lol she was obsessed.
22itsyu13
22itsyu13

https://www.youtube.com/22itsyu13

Back to top Go down

Post  xleetommyjaix January 2nd 2011, 3:49 pm

Spring 2008 introduced my Big bang's We Belong Together Feat. Park Bom
^^ and the rest was History!
xleetommyjaix
xleetommyjaix

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Levin January 2nd 2011, 4:39 pm

lol, i remember how i got into kpop so exactly

so it was like mid August of 2010, so i'm pretty new kinda xD
anyways, so i was about to go to sleep, laying on my bed and then suddenly my sister said, "Anna come here !! you have to watch this !!"
i knew it had something to do with kpop (and at that time i was kinda anti - kpop) but i got up and went over to watch it anyways (thank goodness i did, everything happens for a reason right? :D)
so i went over to watch it and it was SHINee - Lucifer MV !!! it was so captivating, since i am catholic, i fell in love with the title and the song, because i thought the title, "Lucifer" was interesting xD
and then i continued watching it and fell in love with their dancing, they were so good !!
and especially taeminnine !! xD the guy in the red pants in the middle was HOT !! LOL
so my sister told me that they were SHINee and i was like, "SHINee!?!?!? The one who sang replay and ring ding dong?!?!!?"
and then she was like yea, and i was so dumbfounded because back in 2008 and 2009 my friends always talked about those songs, and i was like, who would name a song ring ding dong?? that's stupid and it reminds of a doorbell. ><
then i got into SHINee and then i understood the lyrics and all the misunderstandings went away.
there was this one time in 2008 where my friends were talking about replay and i thought they were talking about Sean Kingstons Replay LOL xD they were like noooo . . . O.o

lol, well this is a story that has been told many times over xD
it's so long >< haha, i'm always ranting on and on and on and on . . . . . . . . .
E.Levin
E.Levin

Back to top Go down

Post  mcuraming January 2nd 2011, 5:01 pm

Wow, great stories you guys!! ^^

@E.Levin Wow, anti kpop turning into kpop lover? haha REALLY INTERESTING STORY. XD
Thanks for sharing~!! Very Happy
mcuraming
mcuraming

Back to top Go down

Post  Shini January 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm

Soo.. My story is kind long since it wasn't just that I watch one MV and I fell for Kpop.
Everything start when I was bored in home and it was 9.00PM. My sister was watching tv so I start watching it too. And Thats how I watch my first episode of anime ever. It was Chobits. Soo I start watching it on internet and then more really good animes (I looove Ghost Hunt coz Nary-chan i soooo great!). I was like: OMG! I love Japan! I want to go to Japan and everything is soo kawaii! haha I was soo stupid back then. Soo one day I was searching in the google for more animes and I end up on love-drama page. I start to watch japanesse dramas and while I was looking what drama I should watch next I found korean movie '200 Pounds Beauty'. I start to watch it and I thought that this one is really good and main guy in this is sooo hot! (but his old xD ). Anyways I still thought that this language is stupid and weird but since Korean dramas are more romantic then Japanesse I start to watch more. Oooo and 2nd thread: I was watching videos in youtube and I accidentally found BoA - Energetic MV and I fell in love just like that xD Coz she was soo american and I had obsession about U.S.A. She was my first Korean singer, but I didn't really like any of her song besides her english album. Now I love all her songs xD But back to dramas. I start to watch 'You're Beautiful' and here it is: My first true Korean love: Lee Hongki. My friends was soo angry at me coz I non stop talk about 'how Jeremmy is cute', 'How he is stupid but cute', 'How he is talented, stupid and cute'. Soo I found out that Jeremmy is Lee Hongki and that he is vocalist in F.T. Island. And their 'I hope' is my first Korean MV in Korean language. And next was like with everyone. I start love Korea and kpop. When I was watching Big Bang & 2NE1 - Lollipop (I know that time 2NE1 but I didn't know Big Bang) I was like 'WOW This guy in pink is sooo cute!' And yep here is my best crash in kpop... G DRAGON!
Soo THE END Wink
Shini
Shini

Back to top Go down

Post  Momoji January 2nd 2011, 5:57 pm

LOL

I Got into kpop because of SHINee's Lucifer .

I was listening to it 1st i was like wth . than ignores . but then i feel like listening to it again since Jonghyun was so hot!!! .

So i went i liked it alot . So i just liked kpop . after that i started watching variety and i LOVE KOREAN CULTURE AFTER THAT!
Momoji
Momoji

http://randomkpopfan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lualualuax3 January 2nd 2011, 6:12 pm

Heh. My story is somewhat long too...but i'll shorten it a bit xD
I'll start in 2nd grade (lol, yes, second grade.) At that time I was really interested in C-pop/Taiwanese-pop (Jolin Tsai and S.H.E anyone? ^^) Haha, I don't even know how I discovered it, but there you have it--my first exposure to Asian pop. Now, fast forward to around a year-ish later. My brother was watching Naruto (RASENGAN.) and I just happened to glance over his shoulder in time for the OTS. Ah..I still remember it. Season 9 OTS. It's called YURA YURA by Hearts Grow. If you get the chance, listen to it. It's such a sweet sounding song Smile. From there I fel in LOVE with J-pop (and I still love it to this day xD). From there I was more exposed to Asian pop. That's when I also started to watch anime hehe. Fast forward 2 more years and Charice Pempengco gets popular (Winter of 2008 btw). Haha, if you're Filipino like me, it'd be kinda difficult to NOT know who she was xD. Now, I wrote this in my bio, but before Charice Pempengco got into American Industry or was a guest in the Oprah show, she was a guest to StarKing. And obviously, since it was a Korean variety show, there were Korean artists there. In that episode a couple members of Super Junior were in the chairs watching Charice. After watching the episode I searched up a SuJu song and the first video that popped up was their song Haengbok (Happiness).
Well, I think you can imagine what happens next after that, since I'm here in this Entertainment and all, so I won't write about the rest.
But there you have it xD.
lualualuax3
lualualuax3

Back to top Go down

Post  Shini January 2nd 2011, 6:36 pm

soo a lot of people are in kpop coz of SuJu xD
Shini
Shini

Back to top Go down

Post  lualualuax3 January 2nd 2011, 6:37 pm

Haha, can't resist a 13-member group like SuJu xD
lualualuax3
lualualuax3

Back to top Go down

Post  mcuraming January 2nd 2011, 6:42 pm

i didn't really like SUJU that much at first. But now, they're growin' on me. Smile Have you guys heard LeeTeuk, Eunhyuk, Shindong, and Kyuhyun's own rendition of Sorry Sorry. So talented. X.X haha
mcuraming
mcuraming

Back to top Go down

Post  lualualuax3 January 2nd 2011, 6:45 pm

i didn't really like SUJU that much at first. But now, they're growin' on me. Smile Have you guys heard LeeTeuk, Eunhyuk, Shindong, and Kyuhyun's own rendition of Sorry Sorry. So talented. X.X haha

Ah! Isn't it like a ballad version? If so, then I think I prefered that more than the origional (sp? sorry. I just forgot how to spell it o_O) it sounds so much nicer xD
lualualuax3
lualualuax3

Back to top Go down

Post  mcuraming January 2nd 2011, 7:12 pm

Yeah! It was like the ballad version. Very Happy It was nice. ^^
Also, I think Charice Pempenco wouldn't be famous today without Star King. >.< haha
mcuraming
mcuraming

Back to top Go down

Post  raachelala January 2nd 2011, 7:19 pm

sorry sorry answer is by super junior kry
and IT'S AMAZING! it's all ballad :3
raachelala
raachelala

https://www.youtube.com/user/raachelala

Back to top Go down

Post  Nisyaz January 3rd 2011, 5:51 am

Mine is long. Like really long.

I had absolutely no interest in Kpop at first. Then came BOF. Then I was interested in the SoEul couple. Then I quit that. Okay end of that.

AHAHA.

Okay so thenn one day around August 23rd, I was totally hyper and felt like running around the house. I went inside the computer room (that time I haven't got my laptop ♥ yet soo) and my sister was playing it. I bugged her then became all nosy and looked at what she was opening.
It was an article of SM Entertainment's new girl group, (IDK WHAT IS SMENTERTAINMENT BACK THEN) So I ignored that, and then scrolled down, and saw like these five girls. And something happened and I was like. Interested. IDK BUT It's like when you see something you feel like.. attracted to, and you feel like YOU WANT IT.

SO I tried to sneak into the computer's face. But as usual, my sister won't allow that. She somehow hates it when I'm trying to read the same thing she's reading at the same time and place. So I like.. looked at the URL and copied that into my head before she closes the tab and shoved me out of the room.

So then I opened the laptop in my mother's room and typed that in and I saw.. f(x) . I was totally attracted by this one member who had this one style like.. Weird puffy hairstyle, and I opened hers. Then I saw.. AHH HER NAME IS VICTORIA AND I'LL BE TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH HER FOR THE NEXT ETERNITY. Then I opened the others and I got totally hooked.

La Cha Ta made me screamed out of my sister's head and she told me to shut up. But I didn't.
But I didn't know about forums and collabs back then.
Only after another 6 months I figured about the forums, the subs, the everything.

AND NOW I'M IN FOR F(X) <3 COMEBACK GIRLS.

Ohh and I've just figured out about SHINee. But STILL f(x) NUMBAH ONE.
Figured out abt otherss because I opened AKP for recent news of f(x).. and etc.

:DD
Nisyaz
Nisyaz

http://anis-syaza.blogspot.com     | http://shinyeffectslove.tum

Back to top Go down

Post  Shini January 3rd 2011, 10:33 am

OMG SoEul couple rocks! xd haha I looove them Wink More then Main Couple Wink
Shini
Shini

Back to top Go down

Post  lualualuax3 January 3rd 2011, 3:17 pm

SO I tried to sneak into the computer's face. But as usual, my sister won't allow that. She somehow hates it when I'm trying to read the same thing she's reading at the same time and place.

Hahaha I hate it when my brother does that to me xDD

Hehe, Victoria is my favorite member too >_< ~
lualualuax3
lualualuax3

Back to top Go down

Post  22itsyu13 January 3rd 2011, 4:04 pm

raachelala wrote:sorry sorry answer is by super junior kry
and IT'S AMAZING! it's all ballad :3

Eunhyuk and Donghae are in it ^^ Love that song Very Happy
22itsyu13
22itsyu13

Back to top Go down

Post  purplecookiedough January 3rd 2011, 4:56 pm

mine's short ><
i've known kpop ever since i went home from the hospital where i was born.
when i could actually sing, talk, dance, etc, i was into dbsk. [yunho <3].. i'm really sad about the whole breaking up thing Sad.. they were my first obsession..
i liked suju next, but they had too many members so i gave up on them. (SORRY~)
then, it was big bang [TOP<33].. i liked "we belong together" "as if nothing is wrong" and "together forever" the most. i actually knew them before they got popular, because my dad is like.. kpop stalker. LOOOL.. jk. during that time, he was part of this korean website for downloading music, videos, pics, all that stuff. and he showed me it.. i was like.. EWW. THEY SUCK. but then i started liking it because my brother kept blastiing it from his room x]
now, i'm a shinee obsessed girl, ever since replay<3 i liked jonghyun even before i knew who the members were o_O.. LOOL. i was like, HEY THAT GUYS VOICE AND FACE IS HOT<3
i'm also digging 2ne1's music VERY MUCH<3 i love the whole fierceness thing.. i'm not really into snsd type of songs (SORRY TO ANY FANS~).. snsd is talented, just not my style.

wow, i thought this would be short -___-.. well anyways, that's my story<3
purplecookiedough
purplecookiedough

Back to top Go down

Post  22itsyu13 January 3rd 2011, 5:26 pm

lualualuax3 wrote:
SO I tried to sneak into the computer's face. But as usual, my sister won't allow that. She somehow hates it when I'm trying to read the same thing she's reading at the same time and place.

Hahaha I hate it when my brother does that to me xDD

Hehe, Victoria is my favorite member too >_< ~

OMGGGG YOUR FAVORITE MEMBER IS VICTORIA??? Very Happy Well... then again ^^
22itsyu13
22itsyu13

Back to top Go down

Post  Shini January 3rd 2011, 6:45 pm

purplecookiedough wrote:i was into dbsk. [yunho <3].. i'm really sad about the whole
then, it was big bang [TOP<33]

Looove U soo much for that Wink I looove Yunho! He is soo sexi and good dancer Wink And Big Bang is my biggest obsession ever Wink
Shini
Shini

Back to top Go down

Post  lualualuax3 January 3rd 2011, 7:31 pm

OMGGGG YOUR FAVORITE MEMBER IS VICTORIA??? Well... then again ^^

xDDDD

And Big Bang is my biggest obsession ever

AMEN TO THAT! <333
lualualuax3
lualualuax3

Back to top Go down

How did you get into KPOP?  Empty Short story

Post  hamirilive January 6th 2011, 6:49 am

Well, i got into kpop at the beginning of 2007
I was a person who was always interested in asians and they're talents...
the first person i ever came across was se7en, i was at hatte or sm hotel like that in Seoul, next day we went on tour and some dwanju or smwhere (heven knows)
it was a mall where in a store they sold movie Cd's, they played se7en's song- something to do with "K" it was japanese, the guide told me when i asked him, so i went on utube n found one or two videos about se7en, then i fell in luv with him... i was only 10 by the way..or was i 11??? who cares, THEN i came across epik high and big bang, and while watching seungri on manwon happiness i came across snsd, then dbsk,then wodner girls, then super junior,then shinee (MUCH later) ALL thanks to se7en/YG---i can rap now thx to YG ..anyway..that's my story, i'm Yg family- fan anyway ahhaha
n jyp nation, sm town- not so bad i like em
hamirilive
hamirilive

http://imdeadififail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  22itsyu13 January 6th 2011, 3:03 pm

hamirilive wrote:Well, i got into kpop at the beginning of 2007
I was a person who was always interested in asians and they're talents...
the first person i ever came across was se7en, i was at hatte or sm hotel like that in Seoul, next day we went on tour and some dwanju or smwhere (heven knows)
it was a mall where in a store they sold movie Cd's, they played se7en's song- something to do with "K" it was japanese, the guide told me when i asked him, so i went on utube n found one or two videos about se7en, then i fell in luv with him... i was only 10 by the way..or was i 11??? who cares, THEN i came across epik high and big bang, and while watching seungri on manwon happiness i came across snsd, then dbsk,then wodner girls, then super junior,then shinee (MUCH later) ALL thanks to se7en/YG---i can rap now thx to YG ..anyway..that's my story, i'm Yg family- fan anyway ahhaha
n jyp nation, sm town- not so bad i like em

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH! YOU GOT TO GO TO SEOUL!?!?!?!?! YOU'RE SO LUCKY xDDDD
22itsyu13
22itsyu13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next